Integrate Pushwoosh with Segment to create more relevant targeted omnichannel campaigns
Segment is a customer data platform that simplifies collecting user data and helps you leverage it effectively. If you store your customer data in Segment, you can set up integration with Pushwoosh in just a few clicks.
Once the integration is set, Segment will send the following data to Pushwoosh:
Using Segment data, you can follow up on your audience with seamless communications in Pushwoosh. Below are two examples of leveraging the power of two platforms:
1. Create targeted campaigns based on user behavior data. Use Events data from Segment to build precise user segments in Pushwoosh based on specific user behavior.
For example, Segment sends data about the SubscribedToOffers Event to Pushwoosh. You can build a user segment in Pushwoosh consisting of users who have subscribed to special offers:
Then, you can create engaging customer journeys with promo messages and discounts for users who subscribed to your offers:
2. Personalize messages based on user attributes from Segment. You can leverage user attributes obtained from Segment to modify the content of your push notifications, in-app messages, and emails. This will allow you to set up relevant and high-converting communications.
For example, Segment sends the searched_product attribute values to Pushwoosh. You can create a push preset offering a discount on the products from a category a user has previously searched for:
Each user will receive a push offering a discount on the exact product category they browsed previously. For example, those who searched for sports shoes will see this message:
- You don't need to integrate the Pushwoosh SDK if you've configured sending push tokens from your app to Segment.
1. In the Segment interface, navigate to Connections → Destinations and click Add Destination.
2. Search for Pushwoosh and select it.
3. Choose the Sources you want to connect the Destination to.
4. Go to Destination settings:
5. Enter the Pushwoosh API key and application code. Ensure the Enable Destination switch is on. After that, click Save Changes.
6. Go to the Mappings tab and ensure the Create or Update User Profile and Track Events options are enabled: