To use the CSV push feature you'll need:
Configured push preset for push notification
CSV file with device identifiers exported from your data warehouse
1. Go to your application in Pushwoosh Control Panel -> Push notification -> Push to a contact list.
2. Hit the Upload CSV file button and browse for a *.csv file with the device identifiers.
3. Select a column with the device identifiers from the uploaded CSV file.
Supported device identifiers:
HWID — Pushwoosh Hardware ID taken from Pushwoosh SDK
Push Token — Device push token
User ID — external user ID set for the device (See Push by User ID for more information).
4. Specify column type.
5. Select a preset for the push message.
6. By default, the message is sent immediately once you press Woosh. To specify the date and time at which the push should be sent, check the Schedule for specific date and time checkbox.
To set a date, press the Calendar icon next to the field.
To set a time, press the Clock icon at the bottom of the calendar.
Frequency capping settings allow limiting the number of push notifications sent to a particular user within a specified period. If no capping is set, the message will be sent to all contacts from the CSV.
Check the checkbox "Specify capping rules" to set up the capping rules.
Specify the max number of push messages that can be sent to the user and the period to be applied.
To keep CSV Push in users’ Inbox, check the Save to Inbox checkbox.
Set up the date to remove a push notification from Inbox. Please note that by default, it's set to the day next to the current date. Make sure to set the removal date for scheduled CSV pushes.
To display a custom icon near the Geozone message in Inbox, enter the image URL into the Inbox image URL field.