Pushwoosh uses service email headers (sometimes called X-headers) to track email delivery, complaints, bounces, and analytics for troubleshooting purposes. These headers cannot be stripped out of your email messages on demand. However, some email clients may strip out X-headers of your message.
To check statistics of a particular email message, go to the Message History and choose the message. Search by Notification ID, Notification code, Application, or Campaign. Also, you can select the message source (Email API or Email Control Panel) to search by.
Statistics of a particular email message includes the following rates:
1. Sent — the number of emails sent to recipients.
2. Delivered — the number of emails delivered to recipients. Emails can be not delivered because of bounces, so we recommend adding to your mailing list only existing and valid email addresses explicitly given their consent to receive emails from you.
3. Opened — the number of emails opened by recipients. Consider adding catchy and explanatory subject lines to your emails to improve their open rates.
4. Unsubscribed — the number of recipients followed the Unsubscribe link in that email. Such users are tagged with the "True" value of the Unsubscribed Emails default tag.
5. Hard bounced — the number of emails not delivered because of hard bounces. Hard bounce occurs when a email message cannot be delivered permanently because the address you're sending to does not exist or is invalid.
6. Soft bounces — temporary delivery failures occurring, for example, when a recipient's mailbox is full or some network problems affect delivery. Pushwoosh repeats sending soft-bounced emails several times. If the email still cannot be delivered, then sending to this email address stops.
7. Complaint — the number of users who reported your message as spam, notified their email provider about their complaint to your email, or complained some other way which is recognised by email providers and email clients as a reason for restricting your messaging capabilities.
8. Link tracking — the number of unique clicks and conversion rate for each link included.
To get email stats via API, call the
/getMsgStats method using the message code of the email you've sent.
To gather email stats for a particular app, we recommend use that app for email messaging only. Check out the Application stats guide to learn more.
To get the total number of emails sent last month and current month, go to the My Account-> Workspace details section of your Control Panel.