Integrate Pushwoosh Android SDK
Follow the steps below to get your Android application ready to receive pushes
- A Firebase project and its Sender ID
- An Android device or emulator with "Google Play Store (Services)" installed
1. Include the following Maven repository URL in project's build.gradle:
2. Add pushwoosh library dependencies into your application's build.gradle:
3. Open your project in Android Studio. Go Tools > Firebase > Cloud Messaging and click "Set up Firebase Cloud Messaging":
4. Connect your app with Firebase, grant Android Studio access to your Google account (if needed), and choose your Firebase project.
5. Add FCM to your application and accept changes:
6. Add the following metadata to AndroidManifest.xml:
<meta-data android:name="com.pushwoosh.appid" android:value="XXXXX-XXXXX" />
<meta-data android:name="com.pushwoosh.senderid" android:value="@string/fcm_sender_id" />
com.pushwoosh.appidis your Pushwoosh Application Code
com.pushwoosh.senderidis the Sender ID you received from Firebase Console
7. Register for push notifications:
Your feedback helps us create a better experience, so we would love to hear from you if you have any issues during the SDK integration process. If you face any difficulties, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us via this form.