Set up Mixpanel integration to build highly accurate segments for precise targeting
Mixpanel is a tool that helps you understand how your users interact with your app. Being integrated with Pushwoosh, it allows building sophisticated audience segments and using these segments for exceptionally relevant and perfectly targeted communications.
To import the segments you build in Mixpanel to Pushwoosh, you have to integrate both tools in a few steps:
- 1.Integrate Pushwoosh SDK
- 2.Configure platforms in Pushwoosh
- 3.Set the integration in Mixpanel
Skip this step if you've already integrated the Pushwoosh SDK into your app or website.
First, integrate the Pushwoosh SDK into your mobile or web project:
Skip this step if you've already configured platforms for your project.
Configure platforms for sending messages via Pushwoosh following the guides for instructions:
For setting the integration, you'll need the app code and API access token of the Pushwoosh project.
Go to the project you're going to import segments to, click its name in the top left and copy the app code.
Go to Settings -> API Access and copy the API auth token applicable to the project you've chosen.
- 1.Log in to Mixpanel.
- 2.Go to Data Management -> Integrations -> Pushwoosh.
- 3.Click Connect.
- 4.In the window opened, set the Connector name, then paste the Pushwoosh API Access Token and App Code you've copied at previous step.
To export Mixpanel cohorts to your Pushwoosh account:
- 1.Open your cohorts: Data Management -> Cohorts.
- 2.Search for the cohort you'd like to export. Click the "…" button next to the cohort you'd like to export. In the context menu opened, select Export to -> Pushwoosh.
- 3.Then, specify whether the cohort should be sent to Pushwoosh one time or be synced dynamically at predefined intervals, updating the Pushwoosh segment to the most current set of users from Mixpanel.
- 4.Once everything's set up, the cohort you've exported will appear in the Segments (Filters) section of your Pushwoosh Control Panel.