Set up AppsFlyer integration to make your campaigns even more engaging and effective
AppsFlyer is a mobile attribution and marketing analytics platform that helps you analyze user acquisition and engagement. It provides comprehensive data on user behavior within the app and allows you to track user acquisition sources. Using the information obtained from AppsFlyer, you can create effective marketing campaigns in Pushwoosh.
Once the integration is configured, AppsFlyer will send the following information to Pushwoosh:
- User’s in-app behavior as Events and their attributes;
- User acquisition sources as the Acquisition Source Tag values.
Using this data, you can build user segments and make precisely targeted and personalized campaigns in Pushwoosh. Below are two examples of leveraging AppsFlyer data to create effective customer journeys in Pushwoosh.
1. Create highly targeted campaigns in Pushwoosh using events tracked by AppsFlyer.
Let’s say you have a news app. You configured AppsFlyer to track the SubscribedToNews event, which fires every time a user subscribes to a news channel. This event has the category attribute indicating the type of news the user subscribes to: politics, business, or sports.
Pushwoosh receives the information about this event with its attribute values. You can create three user segments based on three possible values:
Now you can create campaigns targeted at users who are interested in a particular type of news:
2. Personalize messaging based on user behavior data from AppsFlyer.
In this example, we will use an online shopping app. Let’s say AppsFlyer tracks the AddToWishlist event that fires whenever a user adds an item to their wishlist. This event has the item attribute indicating the name of the item added to the wishlist.
AppsFlyer sends the AddToWishlist event data to Pushwoosh, where you can personalize messages depending on users’ choices. For example, you can create a push preset offering a discount on an item a user has added to their wishlist. Instead of the item name, add a Dynamic Content placeholder with the item attribute:
If a user adds an item to their wishlist, they will receive a push containing information about it. For example, those who select iPhone 14 Pro Max will see this message:
2. Go to the AppsFlyer interface. Open the top menu, click Marketplace, and select Pushwoosh.
3. Click Set up integration. On the Integration tab, select Pushwoosh and turn on the Activate partner toggle.
4. In the General settings section, fill in the fields:
- PUSHWOOSH_API_TOKEN – Pushwoosh API access token;
- PUSHWOOSH_APP_CODE – Pushwoosh application code.
5. Fill in the same fields in the In-app event settings section:
6. Save your changes.
7. If the integration is configured correctly, Pushwoosh will start receiving the following data from AppsFlyer:
- Events triggered by users (including event attributes). Please note that event attributes must be of a supported type: integer, string, list, date, boolean, or price;
- User acquisition sources that will be saved as the Acquisition Source Tag values in Pushwoosh.