Chrome and Firefox Configuration
How to configure Chrome and Firefox web push notifications
2. Go to Your Project > Project settings.
3. In Cloud Messaging tab find Server Key(1) and Sender ID (2):
4. In Cloud Messaging tab, scroll the page down to the Web configuration section and press Generate key pair.
Copy the generated key pair to clipboard.
5. In Service accounts tab, press Generate new private key:
In the window opened, press Generate key. The JSON file will be downloaded.
6. Enable API Permission on Google Cloud Platform:
Make sure that you enabled FCM send API that provides a cross-platform messaging solution to reliably deliver messages at no cost.
- 2.Select your project.
- 3.Press Enable.
Please note that Firefox pushes require https websites; Firefox pushes will not work with self-signed certificates (https/ssl). Use an SSL certificate signed by trusted Authority.
Push notifications don't work in "Private" mode.
7. To configure Chrome or Firefox platform, select the app you want to send pushes to, and click Configure for Chrome or Firefox.
8. In the Web Configuration opened, upload the private key generated in your Firebase project settings.
9. Insert the Server Key and Sender ID from FCM Cloud Messaging settings.
10. Then, paste the Web Push certificate key pair and press Apply.