Abandoned Cart Recovery is an excellent tool allowing to re-engage users based on their behavior. It lets you send a targeted personal message to a customer, who added something to the shopping cart but never finalized the purchase.
Four steps from now, your Abandoned Shopping Cart Recovery solution will be up and running!
The very first step is to set up Cart Recovery message, which will be sent to users.
Go to the Send Push form in your Control Panel and specify Message and Action of the message. To get the best results, make sure to use Personalization and Deep Linking.
Push Personalization significantly increases the conversion rates and drives up to 20% growth in sales. And, since your user has already added something to their shopping cart, you can set up a Deep Link to redirect user to the cart or catalogue.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and save this Preset by clicking the Save Preset button.
You will need to set up three Events in your app or website to implement the Cart Recovery solution.
- An Event when an item is added to the cart. We will use this event as a trigger to schedule a push. In our Push On app, we named this event ProductAdd.
- An Event when your user finishes the purchase. We will use this event as a trigger to cancel a previously scheduled push. In our app this event is called CheckoutSuccess.
- Third Event occurs when the user clears the cart. It also will cancel the scheduled push. We called this event CartCleared.
What are Events?
To learn more about Events and how to create them, please see this guide.
In your Control Panel, choose your app and go to Push on Event section.
- Select ProductAdd event as a trigger for the campaign;
- Select CartCleared and CheckoutSuccess as exit points for the campaign;
- Select the Push Preset you created and specify the delay.
We created only one Preset to be sent as a part of the Cart Recovery program, but it is possible to create more, with different contents and delays. The push will be scheduled when your user adds anything to their shopping cart. If your user finalizes the purchase or removes the item from the cart, the push will be cancelled.
Click Yes to save the Push on Event, and you're all done!
To see the results of the Cart Recovery campaign, you need to create a Pushwoosh Campaign.
It will allow you to see push sent, push open, and click-through rates.
In your Control Panel, go to the Campaigns section of your app and create Abandoned Cart Recovery campaign. Every push sent as a part of Cart Recovery solution will be associated with this campaign.
Modify the Push Preset you created in Step 1 and add newly created campaign (in our case it's Cart Recovery) to the Push Preset.
Now go to the Campaign statistics to see your Abandoned Cart Recovery campaign success!
Once you set up the Abandoned Cart Recovery campaign and give it a little time, it'll look like this!